Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
Happy New Year 2020
Wishing you happy holidays and a wonderful new year. Best wishes from everyone at GetLegal.Lee Mas 23 Dec 2019, Monday
Slip-and-fall Claims on Commercial Property
Your Best Chance of Recovery When You Are Hurt on Business Premises As a general rule, all property…Lee Mas 02 Dec 2019, Monday
Thanksgiving—A Time of Gratitude
Life is about connection… about the power of relationships to help us find and nurture our best se…Lee Mas 27 Nov 2019, Wednesday