- Family Law – General family law site from the ‘Lectric Law Library. (Last revised in 2005.)
- ABA Section on Family Law – Links to family law web sites, compiled by the ABA.
- International Family Law – Links to country-specific information on divorce, child custody, child abduction, and more.
Marriage and relationships
- Marriage Laws – Table summarizing marriage laws of all 50 states, DC, and Puerto Rico. Links to full-text statutes as well.
- Prenuptial Agreements – In-depth article by Bankrate.com on how and why to use a prenuptial agreement.
- Lamba Legal – Lists for each state the following information: relationship recognition (i.e., same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships and civil unions), employment information, and parenting information (i.e., who may adopt). Also lists major gender-issue bills and cases for each state.
- Unmarried Couples and the Law – Cohabitation agreements, estate planning, and gay/lesbian issues. Emphasis is on California law.
- Divorce Laws – Links to divorce statutes of all 50 states, DC, and Puerto Rico.
- Divorce Source – In addition to divorce statutes, this site links to information on taxes, grandparents’ rights, pensions, paternity, military divorce, and other issues.
- Divorce Mediation – In-depth analysis of mediation as alternative to divorce.
Adoption and child custody
- Child Welfare Information Gateway – Links to statistics, statutes, organizations, and more on child abuse and neglect, adoption, and other topics.
- Child Support Web – Links to child support calculators and guidelines for individual states. Also links to articles and web sites (e.g., National Conference of State Legislature’s child support program).
- Family Law Prof Blog – General blog on family law issues.
- Lee’s Divorce and Family Law Blog – Lee, an Alabama practitioner, maintains another site, DivorceInfo.
- Knight on Family Law – Includes a Family Law Search Engine.
Associations & agencies
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Links to model acts, articles, online publications, and more.
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges – Articles and web links on child abuse and neglect, juvenile delinquency, adoption, education, and more.
- National Women’s Law Center – Education and advocacy group focusing on child care, reproductive issues, gender equity, and more.
Journals, news & articles
- AAMJ Journal – Archive of articles (not all in full text) back to 1997.
- Divorce Litigation – Index of articles since 1990. Also has sample articles and contact information for ordering a free issue.
- Divorce Magazine – Advice articles on legal, social, and psychological aspects of divorce. Includes free e-mail newsletter.
- Divorce News – Daily digest of divorce-related news articles.